This Campus Futures Privacy Statement applies to our Candidate Management System (also known as “ATS” or Applicant Tracking System) and website and governs how we collect and use your personal data.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT Candidates: In order to deliver our recruitment services, we require some information about you. Therefore, you choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes: login credentials to create an account, as well as some basic details necessary for us to be able to provide our services. This includes: your name, email address, mobile number, university attended, course(s) studied and level, grades attained, year of graduation, work eligibility, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, whether you consider yourself to have a disability, where you heard about us / our opportunities. You may also be asked to upload a CV and answer specific screening type questions related to a job opportunity. If you wish us to consider your details, you have to complete all fields marked on the relevant online application form that are marked with an asterisk, as these fields are mandatory. You do not have to complete other fields, although all information you provide will be helpful to allow us to better understand our applicant base. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information. When you use our services, we collect usage information about your activity on our services, for instance the date and time you logged in and any updates you’ve made to your profile. Clients/Potential Employers: The information we collect on clients who give us consent to hold and use their data will include factual data based on the company profile (e.g. Company name, address, postcode, email address, telephone number, client contact name etc) and also other information such as job specifications, details on the type of experience / candidate the client is looking for.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION Candidates: We use data to help you reach your potential. Collecting information from your online application, CV etc ensures that we can match you with the best opportunities, so that you can reach your career potential. We will use the information you have provided in order to assess your suitability for the job for which you are applying. If we make you an offer on behalf of one of our clients, we will check the information you have provided. We use your information is to deliver and improve our recruitment services to you. This includes being able to allow you to: administer your profile so we can provide our services to you, create and manage your profile, receive our support and responses to your requests. In addition, we use your information to communicate with you about our services and your status by email, phone, social media or mobile device about employers / services that we think may interest you. Clients: Current clients and potential employers may receive marketing correspondence relevant to their recruitment needs, but only internally and never from any third parties or subsidiaries. They are equally able to opt-out of these completely by simply unsubscribing from them.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION Since our goal is to help you with employment opportunities, we may share your information with potential employers. We will never do this without having first gained your explicit consent for us to do so. In addition, we will never share your details with potential employers and/or client of ours without having notified you first and gained your permission to do so. We work with some third parties e.g. service providers and partners in order to operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, It development, analytics, customer care, and security operations. We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations. Given our promise to collect, process and store your data safely and securely, we will ensure that all other partners we work with do the same. We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
7. YOUR RIGHTS You are in control of your information and you can make choices about our collection and use of your data. As mentioned previously, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you change your mind about being registered for our services, then you can update your preferences at any point, or withdraw your consent completely. You’ll find a link to do so on all emails you receive from us, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION We work hard to protect you from unauthorised access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organisational security measures. Where we work with partners, service providers and/or other third parties, we complete due diligence to ensure that they possess all relevant data security certifications. Where relevant, we will also ensure that they are aware of their obligations as data controllers or data processors and that their policies mirror our own.
9. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION We keep your personal information for only as long as we need it to deliver our services. Where we provide services to our clients, we retain information for long enough to support our client’s recruitment process as set out in our contract with them. In practice, we retain detailed information collected during the recruitment process in accordance with this data privacy statement for a period of up to 18 months from your initial registration with us. If you wish to have your information removed prior to this period, please contact us via email@example.com The only exception to this is if we are asked to retain your data for legal reasons e.g. in order to comply with any applicable law.